Feeling Good Week is an annual Hertfordshire-wide event that encourages schools and the wider community to promote children and young people’s emotional wellbeing by raising awareness of mental health and showing where support can be accessed within the community.
At The Lea feeling good week is a big part of our curriculum calendar. This year children took part in a range of interesting activities including BMX skills, drama confidence, physical and mental health sessions, mindful movement, internet safety and wellbeing sessions to build resilience, self-esteem and confidence.
The entire week helped our children understand our school aims that we want all children to:
- feel confident in themselves
- be able to express a range of emotions appropriately
- be able to make and maintain positive relationships with others
- cope with the stresses of everyday life
- manage times of stress and be able to deal with change and failure
- learn and achieve