We aim to provide an educational and social environment, which nurtures and challenges each child, enabling individuals to flourish and to achieve their highest possible potential.
We achieve this by:
- promoting a sense of responsibility towards other people, property and the environment by developing children’s social, moral, cultural and spiritual awareness
- developing children’s self-confidence, self-respect and independence
- making learning a positive experience where children can achieve success and learn from their mistakes
- expecting and acknowledging high personal standards and effort in academic work and personal behaviour
- assessing children on a regular basis to monitor progression
- providing feedback to children and their parents about individual achievement
- meeting the demands of the National Curriculum
- setting challenging but achievable targets to develop children’s knowledge, understanding and skills
- preparing children for the next stages of learning.
We have a very clear vision for our school which encompasses all that we value.
- Learn – developing a love of learning, creating opportunities to challenge ourselves and recognising that making mistakes is a part of learning
- Enjoy – allowing us to play, have fun, and make friends for life in a safe, nurturing and diverse community
- Achieve – believing in ourselves, allowing us to grow and be confident, enabling us to be the best we can be.