Our 2019 Year 6 SATs results place The Lea as the highest attaining primary school in Harpenden;
in the top 6 across the whole of Hertfordshire;
and in the top 8% in the whole of England.
If you’d like to book a visit onto our Nursery Open Morning (Wednesday, 26th February, 9.15-10.15am), please fill in the form at the bottom of this page. If you’d like to book an informal tour, please call the school on 01582 767 939.
The Lea Primary and Nursery is a small, nurturing and inclusive one-form entry school in Harpenden. Our school’s vision is to be at the forefront of high-quality education.
- Flexible Nursery hours
- 30 hours funded childcare for all eligible families
- Breakfast club and after school club, ideal for working parents.
- A dedicated team of experienced teachers who go above and beyond to create learning opportunities without limits
- ‘WOW’ learning through interactive experiences, and school trips making learning memorable and fun!
- Large outdoor spaces including multiple playgrounds, playing field, outdoor classroom, gym trim trail and play equipment for all ages
- Varied extra-curricular activities covering a multitude of sports, dance and musical theatre.
- Strong community ethos and active PTA
- A small school which nurtures and values each individual
“The Lea is a truly wonderful place, where all staff value, nurture and celebrate the talents and interests of all its pupils. It has a wonderful feeling of community and togetherness. It’s the little things they do so well that make it such a fantastic place and why children love learning so much”. Parent View, Ofsted 2018
“As headteacher at The Lea, I am incredibly excited about what the future holds for your children and welcome you to the school to find out more.” James Berry, Headteacher
More information on our Nursery can be found here.