All admissions for our Reception class are processed through Hertfordshire County Council via www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions
In Year Admissions
We are happy to make an appointment for parents of children hoping to join the school mid-year to view the school. Please call the school office to arrange this on 01582 767939. If you wish to apply for an place for your child mid-year you then need to apply to: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/inyearadmissions
Nursery applications are made direct to the school. We accept applications for nursery pupils to start in the term after they are 3 years old.
Applications for Nursery places for September 2020 are as follows:
- t.b.c February 2020 Online applications open.
- 26th February 2020 Nursery Open Morning (9.15am)
- t.b.c March 2020 Application deadline
- t.b.c March 2020 Offer date
- t.b.c March 2020 Accept offer
You can apply here:
The Lea will consider all applications for a place in its Nursery. Where fewer applications than the number of places available are received, The Lea will offer places to all those who have applied.
Children with an EHC (Education, Health and Care) Plan that names the school will be allocated a place. Parents may state their preference as to which nursery class, school or centre they would like their child to attend in the years leading up to the child’s fifth birthday.
If there are more applications than places the following admission criteria will be used in the order set out below.
- Children looked after and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or a special guardianship order) *.
- A child ‘at risk’ (or the sibling of a child ‘at risk’) who is the subject of an inter-agency child protection plan.
- Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a medical or social need to go to the school.
- Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of the normal age-range of the school*. Note: the ‘normal age range’ is the designated range for which the school provides.
- Any other children.
If more children qualify under a particular rule than there are places available, priority will be given to those who live nearest to the Nursery as measured in a straight line. Where there is a need for a tie break where two different addresses measure the same distance from a school, in the case of a block of flats for example, the lower door number will be deemed nearest as logically this will be on the ground floor and therefore closer. If there are two identical addresses of separate applicants, the tie break will be random. Admission to The Lea Nursery does not guarantee admission to the Reception class at The Lea Primary School. Please refer to the Hertfordshire Admissions Rules for The Lea Primary School and Nursery.