Our 2019 Year 6 SATs results place The Lea as the highest attaining primary school in Harpenden; in the top 6 across the whole of Hertfordshire; and in the top 3% in the whole of England.
If you’d like to book an informal, Covid-secure tour of our school, please call the school on 01582 767 939. Provided there is space available we accept applications throughout the year.
The Lea Primary and Nursery is a small, nurturing and inclusive one-form entry school in Harpenden. Our school’s vision is to be at the forefront of high-quality education.
- A dedicated team of experienced teachers who go above and beyond to create learning opportunities without limits.
- ‘WOW’ learning through interactive experiences, and school trips making learning memorable and fun!
- Large outdoor spaces including multiple playgrounds, playing field, outdoor classroom, gym trim trail and play equipment for all ages.
- Flexible nursery hours incl. 30 hours funded childcare for all eligible families.
- Varied extra-curricular activities covering a multitude of sports, dance and musical theatre.
- Full wraparound care from 7.30am to 6pm, ideal for working parents.
- Strong community ethos and active PTA
- A small school which nurtures and values each individual.
About the Lea Primary School & Nursery
The Lea Primary School and Nursery is a small, nurturing and inclusive one-form entry school in Harpenden. Our school’s vision is to be at the forefront of high-quality education. Varied extra-curricular activities cover a multitude of sports, dance and musical theatre.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Lea.
“The Lea is a truly wonderful place, where all staff value, nurture and celebrate the talents and interests of all its pupils. It has a wonderful feeling of community and togetherness. It’s the little things they do so well that make it such a fantastic place and why children love learning so much”. Parent View, Ofsted 2018
“As headteacher at The Lea, I am incredibly excited about what the future holds for your children and welcome you to the school to find out more.” James Berry, Headteacher