Our 2019 Year 6 SATs results place The Lea as the highest attaining primary school in Harpenden; in the top 6 across the whole of Hertfordshire; and in the top 3% in the whole of England.
Assuming the lockdown has lifted, The Lea will be holding Reception Open Mornings from 9.15-10.15am on the following mornings:
- Monday 7th December
- Tuesday 8th December
- Wednesday 9th December
- Thursday 10th December
- Friday 11th December
- Monday 14th December
- Tuesday 15th December
- Wednesday 16th December
- Wednesday 6th January
- Thursday 7th January
- Friday 8th January
- Monday 11th January
- Tuesday 12th January
- Wednesday 13th January
If you’d like to book onto one of the sessions, please fill in the form below – or call the school on 01582 767 939.
The Lea Primary and Nursery is a small, nurturing and inclusive one-form entry school in Harpenden. Our school’s vision is to be at the forefront of high-quality education.
- A dedicated team of experienced teachers who go above and beyond to create learning opportunities without limits.
- ‘WOW’ learning through interactive experiences, and school trips making learning memorable and fun!
- Large outdoor spaces including multiple playgrounds, playing field, outdoor classroom, gym trim trail and play equipment for all ages.
- Breakfast club and after school club, ideal for working parents.
- Flexible nursery hours incl. 30 hours funded childcare for all eligible families.
- Varied extra-curricular activities covering a multitude of sports, dance and musical theatre.
- Strong community ethos and active PTA
- A small school which nurtures and values each individual.
Covid-Secure Health and Safety Measures
As a result of the pandemic, our open mornings will look very different to any that we have run in previous years.
We understand the importance to parents of having the opportunity to come for a “live” rather than virtual visit during this period of school selection and we are delighted to be able to facilitate this in a controlled environment.
In order to reduce the risk of infection and transmission we will be taking various precautions to make these events Covid- secure. These are detailed as follows:
- Attendance will be limited to two adults per household.
- With the exception of young babies, children will not be able to attend.
- You will be required to wear a face covering (unless medically exempt).
- You will be asked to sanitise hands on entry.
- You will be required to leave contact details for Track and Trace purposes (we can use details provided when booking)
- There will be a limit to the number of attendees to support social distancing.
- Social distancing seating arrangements will be in place in the school hall.
The format of the morning will be reduced in comparison to previous years. It will include:
- A school introduction and welcome from Headteacher, including opportunity for questions (approx. 20 -30 mins).
- A video tour of the school and video introduction to a selection of children from the school (approx. 10 minutes).
- A tour of the school grounds including early years playground and opportunity to speak to staff and governors.
Many thanks for your support – we look forward to welcoming you to The Lea.
“The Lea is a truly wonderful place, where all staff value, nurture and celebrate the talents and interests of all its pupils. It has a wonderful feeling of community and togetherness. It’s the little things they do so well that make it such a fantastic place and why children love learning so much”. Parent View, Ofsted 2018
“As headteacher at The Lea, I am incredibly excited about what the future holds for your children and welcome you to the school to find out more.” James Berry, Headteacher