The Lea Primary School & Nursery is committed to the safeguarding of the children, young people, their families and staff. We have an effective culture of Safeguarding; embedded through everything we do. Our main priority is that all of the children in our care feel safe, secure and happy. All staff, governors, volunteers and visitors who come into regular contact with the children have all the relevant Safeguarding checks.
Our Safeguarding Team
At The Lea we have a Safeguarding Team who work with our children, families and outside agencies. They also support all of the staff in ensuring we provide the best care for our children.
- The Designated Safeguarding Person at The Lea is Mr Berry.
- The Deputy Designated Safeguarding officer is Mrs Cross.
- Mr Berry is trained in Safer Recruitment and Prevent Duty.
- Our Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Mansour, who monitors that the school meets all statutory requirements in regard to Safeguarding.
- All of the adults in our school help to keep children safe.
Useful links for parents
- The NSPCC offers helpful information for parents and carers on a range of issues, such as internet safety, protecting children at home and positive parenting tips. To view go to: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- CEOP provide a lot of useful information for Online Safety. To view go to: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- Look on the Families First website for helpful guidance: https://directory.hertfordshire.gov.uk/kb5/hertfordshire/directory/familiesfirst.page?familiesfirstchannel=1