The Lea Primary School & Nursery is committed to the safeguarding of the children, young people, their families and staff. We have an effective culture of Safeguarding; embedded through everything we do. Our main priority is that all of the children in our care feel safe, secure and happy. All staff, governors, volunteers and visitors who come into regular contact with the children have completed relevant safeguarding checks.
Our Safeguarding Team
At The Lea we have a Safeguarding Team who work with our children, families and outside agencies. They also support all of the staff in ensuring we provide the best care for our children.
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead at The Lea is Mr Berry (Headteacher).
- The Deputy Designated Safeguarding leads are Mrs Cross (Deputy Headteacher) and Mrs Davey (SENCO)
- Our Safeguarding Governor is Dr Osborne, who monitors that the school meets all statutory requirements in regard to Safeguarding.
- All of the adults in our school help to keep children safe.
Useful links for parents
- The NSPCC offers helpful information for parents and carers on a range of issues, such as internet safety, protecting children at home and positive parenting tips. To view go to: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- CEOP provide a lot of useful information for Online Safety. To view go to: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- Look on the Families First website for helpful guidance: https://directory.hertfordshire.gov.uk/kb5/hertfordshire/directory/familiesfirst.page?familiesfirstchannel=1
- The Lea’s Child Protection Policy
Reporting a concern
Should you have any concerns of a safeguarding nature you would be welcome to discuss these at any time with Mr Berry, Mrs Cross or Mrs Davey.
For serious concerns anyone can contact Hertfordshire children’s services on 0300 123 4043 (24 hours a day).